Today, I fell in with Dandelions (:

..Yes, Dandelions!! Whoever said they were useless, pests, & ugly needs to smile & learn how to be happy!! ;)






Most reading this, probably know that I just had a baby. Well, about 5 weeks ago! Wow, time flies! I've been trying to get in a routine lifestyle and have been trying to handle all of the chaos among the newest addition, my husband off patrolling the streets with all his overtime, my 18 month old who thinks she is a goddess, & a super hyper 5 year old who should rest as much as she can due to her health ordeal, but instead flips & flops off couches all day long.  My life is hectic to say the least.  The new one (my first, and last son) has severe acid reflux, so he seems like a colic baby alllllllllll day long.  I'm usually a very positive person.. but I've been so overwhelmed I've been fighting myself on being negative.. its not a good look for me, but I've been having trouble getting out of that funk.  Today, I changed my attitude permanently though.


After throwing (not literally) the kids in the van, and making a desperate trip to the car wash to clean it out, and to give the kids a break from crying & whinning so much, I saw a huge field of nothing but grass & dandelions.  I decided to stop on the side of the road, and let Aubrey out to pick them. (She's always loved picking flowers, and collecting things from the trees and ground) She has so much fun, and so did I.. just running around picking dandelions! It only lasted about 2 minutes until the baby started to cry again, but thats okay.. because I learned that those two minutes would be a forever memory, and yes, ill take it! 




 This is the reason I have decided Dandelions are now my new "flower." This sweet little face giving me my surprise that she had hidden under her shirt. She picked extra for me! Children are so sweet! Would anyone else but a child hide flowers up their shirts with little bugs on them just to surprise you? Probably not. :)


                      Layla following in her sisters footsteps, collecting things.


Aubrey thought her baby brother, who she calls  "Big Time" needed decorated. lol (:

When we got home, the sisters were still bored, so we came up with the cool idea of painting with dandelions.



This was a lot of fun, & the girls loved it. It was also free, & of course something i'll be keeping forever. :)

Another reason why today was such an eye opener to me is because of the dead dandelions. Yep! Aubrey loves those, they are HER favorite. You can always take something negative, and turn it into a positive. Perfect example right here. Dead dandelion = free wishes! :D

Listening to my daughter make wishes as she blew her dead dandilion seeds, was the sweetest thing ever. She does this every year, and I have a feeling dandelions will always remind me of her.  This time, I heard her wish that 1. Mimi would never have to go to work again, and could play with her whenever she wanted. 2. None of the kids in the world would ever have to see a doctor, or go to a "ridiclee-ous" hospital. 3. She would find more Justin Bieber stickers.  Life as a 5 year old has to be a great thing.  Yes, a lot of you know the struggles Aubrey has been through, and how grown up she acts, but at heart, she is a tiny little 5 year old who just wants to be happy! She loves life. I am 23, and today she really showed me how to smile, what love is, and that the best things in life really do come free. No one could pay me any amount of money to trade for today. Next time you start to be negative, or think things will never stop going wrong, pretend you are a child with a dandelion. I mean really, how corny is that?... but at the same time, how perfect! <3


I love today! Even with my crazy life, my husband working a double leaving me to feel like a single mama for the day, & my 3 nutto children whom I love EVERY minute with! Even the negative moments, because they will always happen!.. Enough negative ones will bring you *absolutely perfect, imperfect days like mine today that you will learn to cherish.  


Even after having such an awesome "moment" ... it never ends.. this is what I get to walk back in the room to after getting a drink!.. lol
                                                                           Cheese.


           & more cheese... it was even dumped all over Braylon. Thank you Layla!! This makes for my 3rd vacuuming of the living room in 8 hours. (:

Life is crazy, but i've 100% learned to love crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment